Sunday, March 27, 2011

Texting and Dating

I logged on to Plenty Of Fish yesterday for the first time in days. Not to look or search but to read messages. Hopefully to gather fodder for this ridiculous blog of mine.
As soon as I log on I get instant messaged by some guy freak. He wants to know when the last time I...
…”You know…”

What the fuck!?!

I’m mortified. I can’t log off fast enough.

I don’t want to meet anyone on-line.

I really want to delete myself from the site.
I think I have enough blog material with out it!
Dating is something I would like to do, but NOT this way.
…and I would rather go dateless than put myself on parade.
I need to figure out how to though. Posting a naked pic of myself is out and that’s the only way I can think of to do it.

Maybe I’m old fashioned. Don’t laugh at that…I could be old fashioned. If independent, opinionated, Wiccan women could be considered old fashioned. I guess I would be VERY, VERY old fashioned, like that of the time when the Oracle of Delphi was thought to be powerful and respected.

When it comes to Men…I am a bit old fashioned. I would like them to take the reins….old school.

I’ve blogged and blogged about relationships/Men and Women and it seems I always have something to say.

I’m NEVER sure of a Man’s intentions with me…I like to give them the benefit of the doubt. Although my Oracle-ness does give me a heads up…I just ignore it to often.

Now that I have finished rambling on and on about things…
On to my topic of the day…

Texting…

As a single person in 2011 texting is prevalent. Calling is almost unheard of.

I like texting, no one can hear me yell at my children. I would however love a call once in awhile.
Sometimes my single girlfriends and I are at a bit of a loss...

When DO you text a man?

We are not desperate Women. Some of us are actively looking for a relationship, some are not…ok, who isn’t looking for a relationship? If one fell into our lap, I think we would take it…to include me. There are a lot of stars that must align before I will enter into a relationship though.

2011...
The 3 day rule is out and over rated as far as I’m concerned. A ridiculous memento of the '90’s.
If you think there are rules you are severely mistaken.
….Is that what’s wrong with me? That I don’t play by the rules and the only game I like to play is Angry Birds?

Do you text a man that you like everyday?
Every other day?
Just text him back after he texts you?

I wonder what Men think…are they left in the same predicament we Women are?
The…
…”I don’t know what I’m doing.’
…”I don’t want her to think I’m desperate.”

If I’m interested in a man…
I’ll text him whenever I desire.
In the back of my mind though….
... I don’t want to get in their way. (This is with ALL my friends, male and female…I do not want to seem a bother.)
They might be busy.

I don’t have a some fabulous social life.
Yes, it’s a fun life filled with my girl friends and me doing comical things, or heading to the pool with my Children…but as far as Men are concerned, it’s a quiet life.

I would like a monogamous relationship with a non misogynist that doesn’t mind me texting random shit through out the day…and understands I am an old fashioned Wiccan Woman.
I will text till my heart desires….with fervor.
I have decided, just like that.

…and on-line dating…I’m to old fashioned for that shit. I would rather be single forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment