Sunday, March 6, 2011

Nobody Likes 'a' Dick.

If you have ever watched daytime dramas you probably thought to yourself…
…’This is ridiculous.'

Well, have I got a story for you.
This is a semi-complicated story, one that is tough to follow but I can’t make this shit up. It’s a REAL life story about people I know.

Names have been changed so I don’t get my ass kicked. (Although if push came to shove I would be the ass kicker.) Although the pictures are of us…I’m a Trouble maker.

It all happened in Colorado though.

Once a upon a time there were two high school sweethearts, Tammy and Owen. Not only were they in love but they were best friends as well.  They got married and had 2 beautiful boys. They were young though and Owen was immature at times and made some mistakes. They decided to separate, not divorce.
Owen wasn’t living here when I met Tammy.
Tammy and I became friends a few years ago when I moved here. Her older son was in my daughters class. We became instant friends.
Tammy was single-ish. She did date as I know Owen did too. Tammy and Owen would talk frequently to each other as they were still best friends. They would even talk about who they were dating…even though they were still married.

Enter stage right, or perhaps I should say ‘wrong in so many ways’…DICK. Dick is divorced with children of his own and Tammy was dating Dick. He treated her very nice at first and then his switch flipped and he became a real asshole.
Tammy decides to break up with Dick.
Tammy finds out she is pregnant by Dick.
Tammy comes to talk to me, scared out of her mind. This man had been physically abusive with her.
I tell Tammy she needs to think carefully and most certainly separate herself from Dick.
Tammy decides to have this baby.

Dick and I have not yet met at this point.

Dick comes to the conclusion that I am a threat to him.

He takes Tammy’s phone and would call me, calling me colourful adjectives.
Then he would delete my number form her phone.
She would re enter it, Dick would CHECK it…then text me lovely things.
Dick also changed her password for her FB account…said adorable things about me…then de-friended me and the rest of all our mutual friends.

Dick doesn’t bother my sensibility.
He’s a classic abuser.
I’m gonna be Tammy’s friend. I tell her like it is.
I take pictures of Tammy and I together whenever the opportunity arises.
It makes Dick mad. I am the thorn in his side that will NOT go away.

I throw a babyshower for Tammy.
At the baby shower Tammy finally explains exactly WHY Dick hates me with gusto.

Dick thinks I’m a lesbian who is out to get his ’girl’. Dick doesn’t like strong women who fight back.

The baby shower was great and Tammy’s Mom and I become friends. Bound together in our scorn for Dick. As is Tammy’s off his rocker brother Steve…we are all now connected.

Enter Owen, stage...crazy ass people really have these things happen to them?

Owen and Tammy are still married…
Owen is dating Rose.

Tammy has her Baby, let’s call her Long Island, for fun.
There is a Birthday party for one of Tammy and Owens sons…I’m invited.
I meet Rose at the party. At this birthday party are my friends, Tammy’s family Owen and Dick. Steve did not attend because Dick was there. This was the first time I had met Dick. Steve hates Dick as much as me.

Rose is young, nice and very pregnant.
It’s NOT Owens baby…..SURPRISE!

Tammy, sadly, is still with Dick.
Owen is still with Rose.

Tammy and Owen are still married.
Tammy and Owen are still best friends.

I love Tammy and Dicks baby, she’s a delight.
I went to Long Island’s first Birthday Party yesterday.
Dick, hilariously was not invited. Steve was there and Dick wouldn’t have made it up the sidewalk without an ass kicking.

Dick hates it when he finds out Tammy and I have been or are going to hang out.

Dick doesn’t like me. I don’t like him.
I will antagonize him as often as possible in my subtle ways.
He’s a Dick.

1 comment:

  1. What a narrow minded ass...

    I have found that in most cases (not all), the person who is given that name owns up to that name. Coincidence? I'm not sure at this point, but what I do know, is nobody needs another "Dick" in their lives and the world if full of them. Let the antagonism continue, I'm sure he deserves it! (and you're just the woman to give it to him too!) <3

    ReplyDelete