Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Am I My Own Worst Enemy?

I said I wouldn’t blog about it…but every time I say I won’t do something…the Universe says…
…”Oh yes you will!”

The Oxygen Channel has a saying …”Live Out Loud.”
I could run that channel….that motto is real life for me, as is “Get out of the box and kick it to the curb."

Is there REALLY a "condition" on love???? -Ellen, Saturday 5:07pm
My answer to that was…
…”Take me as I am.”

It’s probably the most difficult thing I have/will ever ask of someone.
My best guy and girl friends love me unconditionally, but I am not their partner, just their friend.

Friday night I went out on a group Date night with my friends and their spouses. I was the only one without a date.
I posted pics of me and some men, and women, that were touching me, probably in ways that could be construed as inappropriate. They were my friends, not strangers, and their spouses were right there. Nothing was going to happen other than the “photo op” for my blog.
…”Who Cares Anyway?”

Some men are attracted to, forgive the categorization, the plain Jane. The white picket fence, typical sweater set wearing woman who comes off as non threatening. (I’m not saying she isn’t a strong woman without opinions…or beautiful.)
Other men are initially attracted to someone like me, a free spirit that says things and does things that some (not all or most) would like to. I say initially because as soon as they realize that this person they are attracted to is the REAL me, and not some act, they are put off, and run for the hills.
There seem to be a lot of hills around me…plenty of places to run…and many reason TO run.

The fact that I am even blogging about this can frighten someone off. I refuse to hold my tongue.

I must be accepted as nothing less, or more, than I am.
In return, I will accept you.

I will not compromise the un-holy trinity of the Me, Myself and I that I am.
I’m living out loud in my glass house, at the curb is the box, packed in it is my panties.

I find it comical that I typed all this out because in general I spend the majority of my time by my-self to include weekends…not getting in or making Trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment