Sunday, March 6, 2011

Inventory

On Friday Macy’s had a big sale.
The Juniors Department had Jackets on sale for $9.99.
I came home with 5 new jackets.

When I got home I opened my coat closet preparing to add them to the rest of my coats and jackets. There was no way in hell they were gonna fit…it was packed!

I have a small home that is cleanish and tidyish. I am NOT a hoarder…I don’t have crap everywhere.
The only messy room is my studio (refer to Chaos Theory 4.669 blog).
I started counting things I own.

I did not double count things although some things did belong in several categories…I made classifications...
Jackets…22
Coats…11
Drink in hand…I’m such a rebel!
(A Jacket is short, a Coat is long)

Blazers…14
Shawls and hoodies…9
Suits…8
(blazer and slack/skirt sets)
Slacks…17
(Separates)
Jeans…21
Cords…3

Skirts…31
Dresses…23
Cocktail and formal dresses…19

Blouses…28
(Shirts with collars)
Shirts…53
(With sleeves)
Shirts…48
(Without sleeves)
Those were the ones just HANGING in one of my closets.

I also have 2 dressers filled with knit wear, shorts, work out outfits, capri pants…yada, yada, yada…

So…folded in drawers…
Again nothing double counted...
Tank Tops…13
Black Tank Tops…6

T-Shirts (all but 1 are fitted…aka…tight around my mediocre bosom)
I have several classifications here.
Rescue T-shirts…6
Halloween/Wiccan(I also counted my Chick Fil A shirts as I am the official sponsor for “Everyone should have a funny Wiccan in their life that loves Chick Fil A")
...T-Shirts…9
SuperGirl T-Shirts…5
T-Shirts with sayings and patterns…14
Just plain ol’ boring T-Shirts…5

I got tired of counting my clothes…I’m just gonna leave you guessing.

I was NOT tired of counting things though.

…and you probably want to know how many pairs of shoes I own…
I did not classify them, as wedged, stiletto, flat…
…please don’t be disappointed.

Shoes…139
Boots…28
I don’t think that is that bad.

I did not count hats, scarves (different from shawls), socks, panties (I do own a whole bunch)…
I did count bras…32

I left my bedroom and went into the kitchen…
I opened a cupboard and looked at all my dishes.

Full size Plates…63
Cocktail Plates…29
(not saucers, small plates)

Reg. size Bowls…59
Itty Bitty Bowls…15

Brown Bananas…5
Microwave…1
Coffee Makers (that work)…1
Condements in ‘fridge…30
Pickle Jars filled with Pickles…3
Stemwear…103!
Chip pieces, crumbs, beads and toys under the cushions of my Sofa…0 (I vacuumed all that shit up the other day…before I thought of counting everything...

I counted a lot of things and it is embarrassing how much stuff I own.

I didn’t count serving platers and bowl, trays, throws, table cloths…
I did count pillows…28

I don’t have a curio cabinet.
I have 8 stand alone cabinets though.
I don’t understand Curio Cabinets…or hummels or those retarded, cherubic, big eyed, pastel colored miniostrosities that some people collect and put in a ‘curio cabinet.
I think it’s called a curio cabinet ‘cause you are curious as to why the hell some people like to display meaningless statue like things.


I do however have many statues of my own…the majority of them are fertility God/Goddess that never worked;). I have statues from Liberia (where I was born), Peru, India…Kokeshi Dolls from Japan...all places I have been. They all have some meaning to me, a memory.




I have all these things and I love them all.
I am a fashionista.
I am an Entertainer and have many parties.

I use everything I own…
Except my 2 Poppykettles (refer to blog Occam’s  Razor)…I can’t really use those because I don’t think I will ever be a mini hairy Peruvian that needs to sail the seas in one.

I did not count friends…I don’t own them. They just keep showing up at my door.

Everything has a memory and a purrrrrrrpose.

I like all the shit I own.

No comments:

Post a Comment