Saturday, November 20, 2010

My Korean friends and their love of ‘milk’ gravy.

My middle son is Korean born. He attends Korean school on Saturdays to learn Hangul. He’s very smart and does very well; despite having me as his mother;). I say that because my Korean sucks! So, I speak Japanese to him. He tells me all the time to stop and learn more Korean. Which shouldn’t to difficult, languages come easy to me. My annunciation is so good in some languages they think I can process quickly and start jabbering on. I can also swear in many and get my self burnt at the stake in several, the Middle East in particular, for several reasons.

I love hanging out with my Korean Girl Friends. They are funny, beautiful and extremely smart. Do you know how hard it is to get into University in Korea? Their higher education is astounding. They all attended University, one of them is a Physicist. I didn’t attend University. I had a couple of years at a community college and all I did was sing and paint…I didn’t even get my AA. I can’t stand school. (Don’t tell my Children.)

We celebrate holidays at my son’s Korean school. Thanksgiving being one of them. Last year I was in charge of gravies enough to feed about 50 people. That would be GRAVIES…they requested two kinds, Milk and Giblet.
Me…”Milk gravy? really why?’
Sunhe…”Koreans LOVE Milk gravy, make a lot.”
I had no idea how much they liked Milk gravy until I saw them putting it into bowls and eating it by the spoonfuls.
We are celebrating Thanksgiving today at Korean School.
I’m in charge of Gravies again. I hope I made enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment