Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I feel like a ‘Russian’ lately…rushin all over the place!


Just now…maybe 20 min. ago I was in my cool MiniVan alone…(this was all typed out in my spare time…5 min. increments.)
Me…”Come ON!”
Myself…”Holy Shit! It’s 55 mph people!”
I…”Ok, World, I am a girl that has places to go and IS GOING SOMEWHERE…GET OUT OF MY WAY!”
I am my own best friend, I understand me and I accept me;)…no matter what….and I’m always there. Unless one of my many other personalities has taken over. That’s a joke, sort of.

Since this weekend I have found myself speeding everywhere, my mind included. I like to go fast. I’m always crossing my fingers I don’t get caught….again.

I went out Friday with the girls, and I met some Hella Cool people. It was fabulous, and I was a fabulous hot mess. I’m sure you can imagine;)

I had my gallons of gravy to make on Saturday for my Son’s Korean school. I did make enough if you were wondering. My gravies rocked’! I had SO much to do though, I still hadn’t planed my menu for Sundays Game night with the ladies and I love to procrastinate! So…procrastinate I did and took a bit of a chance on Saturday, and I am very, very glad I did. I liked the chance I took…a chance just like me. So with my chance taken I get to work in the kitchen. In the back of my mind I am thinking of my friend who asked me for a recipe for her Holiday party. I don’t measure anything but now I have too. 

So I start making a...

Cranberry Barbecue Sauce
1 small onion, diced, sliced it doesn’t matter as you will see at the end.
3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 or 2 Tbs freshly grated ginger
Saute that in some olive oil, maybe 3 Tbs.
To that add 
2 Cups of Catchup (that’s a joke…the spelling is…)
3/4 C Cider Ving.
1/4 C Sweet Soy Sauce
1/3 C Splenda Brwn Sugar
a couple dashes of worcestershire sauce.
then add your left over cranberry sauce…whalaa!
Cook it over med/low heat stirring frequently till it’s the taste and consistency you desire, an hour or more. Strain it so there are no ‘bit’s of stuff…just awesome flavor.

My neighbor, which I have SO much to blog about it’s silly, shows up at my door wanting to know if her outfit is ‘OK’. It was. We have a couple glasses of wine while we wait for her date to show up. She told him to meet me at my house…duh, of course she did. 
He shows up and I offer him a beer.
Her…”You’re driving…”
Him…”I’ll have a glass of water.”
My meatballs were made and I wanted my sauce tested, not really. I knew it was good, but I don’t want to have people over, even if I didn’t invite them, and not offer something to eat. (I’m joking I have an open door policy.)
Me…”You want to try some?”
Them…”yeah.”
They come back for seconds…
He came back for thirds.
They head out on their date and I feed my little people. This is mundane and yes I am blogging about it.

On to Sunday I go head on like a bull…
My Ex is picking up my Little People at 8:30 am, to go to Church.
I put an apron on over my Pajamas, turn up my music and start cleaning my house from its head to its toes. I hate cleaning bathrooms…my boys need to learn how to aim better. I have till 11:15 and I set my timer. Bing, Bing, Bing it’s 11:15 and I hit the shower. I have to be somewhere at 12:30.

I was gone till 4:00 and I still haven’t gone to the store. I know at this point I am entertaining and I only have time for my B game…but I only know how to play an A game! So A game it is…I rock. I think highly of myself.

I can’t believe I put this shit out there for all of you to read sometimes.

Game Night is on and I only loose $3.00. 

Monday shows up and I am still reeling from my Sunday…and not about the $3.00 I lost.
I have so much on my mind it’s silly...I have my Girl-Friends 40th B-day party on the 27th, this weekend (in Ft Collins). The theme is ’the 80’s and I still don’t know what I am wearing…Thanksgiving is around the corner and I don’t have a Turkey...I have JuJitsu belt testing on the 18th so I am attending the 'Rocky Mountain Combat Conference’ on the 5th so I can hopefully learn more and I am attending every class I can. (Because I have time for this)..……..Oh and lest not I forget I have my Casting Call for MasterChef on the 11th and I still need to get my video made, and think of something to make!
My Dad calls…
D…”Hey I talked to B and he would love to help you put your video together for MasterChef.”
B is a producer that worked with my Dad awhile ago. I met him when they were driving from Atlanta to Cape Canaveral. My Dad called and said, ‘We’re 15 out, what’s for lunch?’ I whipped up two curries, one Indian and one Thai. They left with their bellies full.
So, B knows me and wants to help in my quest to one day rule the world.
Me…”Cool, thanks Daddy.”
OH…I almost forgot…Walking to my car after picking up my little people I see a friend who has locked his keys in his car. They say that the mother of invention is necessity.  That’s an understatement I think. As a single Mother of three children I have found I have some cool yet strange skill sets. I can do almost anything…I have solutions to problems. I got the keys for him. He owes me now.

I have all this going on and what do I do? I had my neighbor and her children over for the most ghetto meal I can make. Hodgepodge does not even describe the mess I put on the table. After dinner I turn on my Justin Bieber music nice and loud and have a dance party with ALL the little people. I love dancing with 2 year olds. I also love Justin Bieber, but he’s to young for me.
I also got in Kickboxing and Jujitsu…wheew...






Tuesday hits me like a rock. I have to go to the gym and lift for about an hour. I also need to get video of some of the cool shit I can do for my ’tryout’ meanwhile my phone is blowing up! 
My Spider is telling me…"hey…look at me." (My Spider is my phone)…Different people with different things…My Girl friend and I decided to have a lunch date. She is the HOTTEST Financial Advisor probably in existence. We meet downtown and I am having the most difficult time finding a parking place. I finally find one and it will only allow for 30 min. I put my $ in the meter and head to see my friend…after I set the alarm on my phone so I can put more $ in the meter. I don’t want another ticket. I of course had to leave in the middle of lunch…running into the same homeless people several times I feel like we are all buddies now…Lunch consisted of this HUGE calzone. I ate all but a 1/4 of it…I like to eat. I think the run during lunch helped.

I now have a few min. to run to the store and finally get the Turkey. It’s frozen solid. I am going to have to whip out my magic wand if we are having Turkey on Thursday. (Not the battery operated one.)
…time to pick up my children from school…I’m wearing a boiled wool sweater the colour of Merlot that…funny story…used to be my ‘little’ brothers. He came home from leave from the Army. I see this sweater and I really like it. I tell him I will help him with his laundry. I liked it so much I put it in the dryer so I could shrink it and he would give it to me. This is a warning to ALL of you. If I want something I will find a way to get it.
Ok, back to picking up my children. I live in Colorado. It can get really windy here and when it’s cold and windy…holy kamoli! I find this nice little corner to stand in and my friends start showing up. 
1 of my friends…”If it’s going to be this cold at least it should snow.” 
It’s only 44, but the wind…
T…”I’m going to have to start wearing a real coat.”
T…”I hope we get a blizzard, that way my In-Laws won’t show up.”
F2…”There is a Dairy Queen down the street.”
…”hahahahhaaa!”
Me…”Holy Shit, look at Luis?”
One of my Puerto Rican friends is standing out in the cold wind with a short sleeve shirt on!
S1…”I think he might have some shrinkage.”
The bell rings and I leave the coveted corner and go chat up Luis.
Me…”What the hell man? Do you have shrinkage going on?”
Luis…”No but my nipples are hard as rocks.”
I love Luis and his wife, they are my friends. If you are my friend I think I can say anything to you and you/and or your spouse and you will forgive me.
I gather up my Little People and we head home. We have 20 min. before my daughters basketball practice.
To humor my boys at practice I let them take random pictures. They chose their teeth, a few butt shots and actual pictures of their sister playing basket ball.
We had sandwiches for dinner. I had them make them themselves. I told them it was a special treat….so I could type this crap out!

I’m not worried about Christmas…everyone is getting a Snuggie!
Oh and the video is me keeping ‘balance’ in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment