Thursday, November 4, 2010

I’m a real life Rachel Zoe

This is my friends closet. She asked me this morning to come over and help her edit it. She dresses incredibly well and everything, well almost everything, looks fabulous on her. She hangs EVERYTHING up, to include her ‘Mom shorts’…Just because you are a Mom doesn’t mean you should dress like one. I am hoping that as soon as I left she got rid of them.

I go through the pants 1st and I have her try on a pair of black pants.
Her-“See?! They are long in the crotch.”
Me-“Yes, better than camel toe though.”
She’s going through all her jeans…
Her-“I like these, I wear these, yada, yada, yada…I need a pair of straight leg and maybe some skinny jeans.”
I start browsing the slacks
Me-“I have these pants too!!!!”

Next I move onto shirts. I’m looking at all of them, one at a time. Some of them are inside out and it’s killing me. (she doesn’t know this and I hope she fixes it as soon as she reads this;) She has two LIGHT BRIGHT T-shirts and countless super girl shirts…these things I understand.
All of a sudden I’m hit in the face with a hideous shirt that looks like cotton candy throw up and next to it (Her closet is colour coded) is a dreadful pink cardigan that I think she got at the gap in 1994.

Her-“I have a tank that goes with that.”
Me-“Really a sweater set?! you are not a politicians wife.”
Her-“OoooKkkkkaaaaa….”
Then I am assaulted again by this hornet yellow puffy vest.
Me-“Where on earth do you wear this?!”
Her-“Hunting?”
Me-“HAhahahahhahahhahahha”
Me-“Get rid of it.”




I must tell you that trying to edit her closet is a difficult thing for me. As I go through the skirts I am seeing almost the exact same thing I have in …get this….ONE OF MY CLOSETS! She can’t get rid of hardly anything; they are classics that stand the test of time, not for the average woman but that of a fashionista.
I want to go through my closet now but Nooooooo I’m taking her shopping instead.

1 comment: