Saturday, November 6, 2010

Random Friday Night Pizza with friends



Recipe for Pizza dough and video tutorial on how make pizza sauce at bottom;)

My life often entails last minute events...like last night.
My girl friends and I are loitering around the playground talking about how we wished we had one of those garbage cans with a fire in it to warm our hands. Dinner ideas are shared and pampered chef comes up. I despise pampered chef and the concept of ‘having your friends over for a party so you can sell them things.”(I’ll come back to the big PC debate on a later Blog).
I had started making dough for pizza earlier in the day so my children wouldn’t have to have ramen again. My friend finds out and says… “You wanna bring your stuff over and make it at my house, or do your own thing?”
Me…”That sounds fun! Lets’ do it…I have plenty of dough ‘cause I screwed up and had to double the batch.”
I hurry home to get my dough that is rising in the oven with a warm wet towel over it. I grab a can of diced tomatoes, pepperoni, an onion, some mushrooms, a block of mozzarella and feta cheese. I am crossing my fingers she will have everything I need to make the sauce.
I get there and my friends have the vodka out already and are brewing up cocktails.
There is this lovely blue concoction my friend has poured into a glass for me.
Me…”Where did you get this recipe?”
Friend 1…”It was inspired by the Mountain Breeze and the Pomegranate Peach Sparkler from ‘Red Robin…yum!.”
Friend 2…”Where did we have the Mountain Breeze?”
Me…”I think it was someplace fancy we went to once.”
F2…”We don’t go to fancy places!”
All of us…”Hahahhaahaha.”
F2…”Oh! It was Ted Montanas!”
I would like to share the recipe for the newly inspired...
Sparkling Ocean’
Citrus Vodka
Blue Curacao
Some Lemonade
Peach Soda
I think it was 19 parts Vodka and the rest was just for flavor…good luck but it’s yummy!

F1…”I got some more whipahol at the store today”
Whipahol is this amazing whipped cream like substance that is 17.5 proof that adds a little somethin’ somethin' to our concoctions…I recommend you pick some up and try it…and use it on what ever you like;)
F3…”How do you spell that sound whipped cream makes coming out of the can?”
Me…”I don’t know…let’s send me a voice text and see what it comes up with.”
I get my G2 and go to voice command…


Can you imagine…my phone DID NOT recognize that sound so now we still have no idea how to spell it.
I start getting things ready for the pizza and find that one of the children has escaped from the bowels of the basement and says...
…”What’s that?”
Me…”Pizza dough.”
F2…”You know what that is. I’ve made pizza before.”
Me…”Pillsbury from a can doesn’t count.”
F2…”It wasn’t from a can. It was the kind you add water too.”


Continue down…I’m not done yet.






Keep going…..
Pizza Dough
2 Cups warm water
4 1/2 tsp yeast
6 C flour (ish)
2 tsp salt
3/4 C Extra Virgin Olive oil






Dissolve  yeast in hot water
Combine flour and salt


Combine flour and salt
make a well in center
add water and yeast mixture and olive oil
Stir well till combined and turn out on a floured surface
kneed dough by folding in 1/4 turns with the heels of your palm.
It should feel like the tender tissue of a non bionic breast when ready…about 4 min worth.
Place in olive oil lined bowl, make sure the whole surface of dough has a light coating of olive oil over it.
Let rise 2 or 3 hrs in the oven till you are ready with a warm damp towel covering.
When ready to make pizza roll out on floured surface
Dust pan lightly with corn meal
place dough on pan , add sauce,  cheese and toppings.
Bake at 400 degrees for about 18 min.


While making said pizza I recommend having your friend (F3) that is a sign language interpreter teach you all the cool swear words so you don’t have to say them allowed anymore if front of your children.

Video Tutorial on how to make an EASY sauce…:)
Ok…I have tried to upload this video 7 TIMES! It’s not working…I’’ll try again tomorrow...


We also made a second pizza, a dessert pizza with what F1 had in her cupboards.
Nutella
Sugar 
Butter 
Pears
I melted about a Cup of sugar then added 2 Tbs of butter…careful it’s REALLY hot and use a pot that has high sides as it bubbles up.
It made a toffee like item. 
Cook the dough for 7 min in 400 degree oven
Remove
Spread Nutella 
Break up toffee like item and disperse over Nutella
Cook 7 more min.
Top with sliced pears.
It looks kinda gross but it was actually really tasty.
It was like I was on ‘Chopped’…but I was the only contestant.




No comments:

Post a Comment