Monday, August 1, 2011

I Know What Sex Is Mom

There I was sitting at my table with my three children having lunch…
BrownNut, girl, age 9.
LoveBug, boy, age 7.
LittleGuy, boy, age 6.

We were discussing world population Men vs Women…who’s worth more.

The conversations went like this…
BN…”A long time ago people thought Men were more important…they didn’t even let women vote!”
LB…”That’s silly women are more important because they have children.”
Me…”Both Men and Women are both important guys…it takes a man to help make the baby.”

They look at me all crazy eyed and curious…

Note…I’ve talked to my children about sex before. More so with BrownNut giving her age…I use real terms and am open and honest about it when questions come up.

BrownNut had gone up stairs to change her shirt when she peeks around the corner...

BN…”Wait a minute Mom!…Didn't you say YOU tried to have a baby once?! Did you just give yourself shots or did you have sex?! …and who would you have had SEX with!?”

Note…My three children were adopted.

The boys start snickering…
LB…”I know what sex is Mom…can I whisper it in your ear?”
Me…”Yes.”
LG…”Oh, I wanna hear!”

He prances over with the excitement that with his ALL of his 7 years has come wisdom…
LB…”Penis to Penis?”
I swear I have told him before…
Me…”No honey, Penis to Vagina.”

BN…”SO WHO did you have sex with?!”
Me…”Your father…but we only did it once.” 
I lied.
…”And you’re not allowed to do it till ya get married!”
I lied again.

I couldn’t stop laughing…or could they.

Now I have to explain to them somehow that sex is normal and gives people pleasure and is actually proven to be good for your body, brain and over all health.




No comments:

Post a Comment