Saturday, August 13, 2011

Packing For Vegas

F1, F2, SF, F15, F69 and I are heading to Las Vegas, August 18-22.

I know the anticipation for a trip is usually more exciting than the trip itself…
…We are making the most of this trip by making the actual getting ready/packing an event all of it’s own...

We discuss almost on a daily basis what we are packing…not what shows we are going to see.
I don’t know even if we are going to any shows.

F1 puts together our weekly, and daily schedule of where we are to be and what time…Not in Vegas but here in C-Springs weeks before we even go to Vegas.
It’s almost ridiculous, almost.

…As much as were are obsessed with our clothing and shoe options…
...I need to digress for a moment for humors sake.

...We have discussions at length about our Period, Cycle, Aunt Dot, The Curse.

Note...Our Children started school a couple weeks ago after two month off.
We were away from each other.
Our cycles that were in sync are no longer in agreement.

3 of my friends are all supposed to start on the 18th or there around…One bathroom 6 Women…(I’m working on an up-grade though)…3 women on their Period…
I seem to have a powerful Uterus, albeit useless one, that is NOT going to be shedding itself while we are there… and they want to start early and get it over with….so they rub their bellies on mine or I do the ol’ Wiccan Uterine blessing…
…It’s not the first time we’ve done this silly blessing move.

Note…The Uterine blessing is me moving my hands in a circular motion 5 to 6 inches around my lower abdomen then I throw my energy towards them. Then we laugh Hysterically, because we have not had hysterectomies yet…so we still can;)

Some of the things I’ve heard and maybe said in the last 2 weeks…

…”I have to wear a panty liner. I leak sometimes so I can’t wear those pants.”
…”I don’t want to look like a cheap midwesterner with no style sense.”
…”Holy shit put those back in the closet now…you MAY NOT wear them.”
…”When we are at the pool please let me know if my tampon string is showing.”
…”Just cut it shorter.”
…”I just tuck mine into my nooks and crannies.”
…”If I have to go through that scanner thing will they be able to SEE the tampon inside of me?”

I think we are all hoping it’s not going to be a bloody mess…said in my best British accent...

Now back to packing…

This is my room
As we sat on each others beds...
...we hymmed and hawed and every so often laughed at what we owned while we looked at options and tried on stuff…
...and threw out ideas.

My house was last week. I don’t think any of them cared what I was bringing, they just wanted to see what I could pack for THEM.
F1 sat on my bed and just tried on shoe after shoe…while I pranced around in a totally see through skirt with adorable panties on underneath. They thought I had intended it to be a cover up for the pool…

We are going to be inVegas I think dressing whorish is perfectly acceptable.

…”I think it’s whorish in a classy kind of way.”
The skirt is black chiffon, ankle length and flows behind me when I walk.
It’s a classic!…and when I say see through I am NOT joking.

Dresses and shoes piled all around us as I showed them things they had never seen.

Bathing suits we have covered…or not….I think I could use some even smaller ones…
…now that I have scene seen some of F15’s!
Holy cow they are tiny and I thought my little itty bitty black one was small.
Our day plan is to spend a great deal of time by pools, cocktails in hand…
…laying perfectly still so as not to let anything jiggle.

As far as shoes go I had to get a new pair the other day…at one of our planned events…a trip to DSW.
What kind of shoe does one wear to a Vegas pool and look hot?
I have more Stilettos than there are days in a year…not really…but I have a LOT!
Those are inappropriate to wear to a pool unless hanging out with Hugh Hefner…
…I think.
Oh…the shoes I bought are a black rubber thong wedge…
The closest thing I have to a ‘flipflop’ now.

So far I am bringing…
11 pairs of shoes
5 ‘blouses’
5 skirts
2 pairs of pants
3 pairs of shorts
7 dresses
4 bathing suits
5 cover ups
…and…
1 pair of panties

I love dressing up but maybe I should re-think what I am bringing…?


No comments:

Post a Comment