Friday, January 21, 2011

No Strings Attached, a review of the movie, is this my life too?

F1, F2 and F6 and I went to see the 11:10 matinee today of ‘No Strings Attached’. Meanwhile F1’s and F2’s spouses tagged sort of along, but went to ‘True Grit’ instead.

I normally would dread movie day with my friends. Not the time WITH my friends but the movie itself. They like Romantic Comedies.
I think romantic comedies are usually crap. After I watch the movie I walk out thinking, “Great, I’ll never get that hour and half of my life back.”
This time though I wanted to see this film. I’m single with very dysfunctional relationships…
The other day a male friend of mine texted me and said what are we gonna call “this”; FB?, NSA? or FWB?
I had to see this movie that is my life.
...and Ashton Kutcher is very nice to look at and I have always liked Natalie Portman.
She was fab as the Cougar, Padme. Have you ever thought about it. How old was Anakin when Padme first met him…maybe 10?…hmmmmmmmm. I like her style!

On to the movie Review…or is it…a review of my fucked up life?

Natalie Portman is Emma, Ashton Kutcher is Adam.
They meet at camp when they were about 14 years oldish (Ebert says they meet when they are six, if a six year old knows what fingering is then their parents should be locked up), again at a frat party then again 5 years later bump into each other at a farmers market like event.
Adam is with his girl friend, Vanessa. Adam and Emma exchange phone numbers…
You should see the movie. I’m not gonna give it all away…
It was 20 minutes to long...it should have ended when he dropped her off in front of the hospital.

…”You should hope you never see me again.”
That’s a line I could/probably should use.
I also am more comfortable knowing a man I am ‘seeing’ is seeing other people. It means they are keeping their options open. If you know me, you know you should probably keep your options open.
As I type this I wonder what the men that know me and read this think…I take a deep breath and just keep on typing though.

The movie is more than just the trailer. Often the trailer IS the movie.
I read a whole bunch of movie reviews after I saw it out of curiosity.
I don’t agree with the reviews I read.
It was a film where people spoke out loud like I do. Literally the things that came out of their mouths come out of mine.

Rodger Ebert, “They’re sitcom characters allowed to go all the way like grown ups.”
Betsy Sharkey, “An obsession with raunchy one-liners……sleazy, cheesy affair.”
….Ahhahhahaaaaa!!!!! This is what they call MY LIFE!

I read other reviews, they almost all say the same thing.

I wonder what they would say if they were reviewing a day in the life of me?



No comments:

Post a Comment