Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Crave

This is a shout out to lovers of all things delicious, meaty and messy!

Sometimes I Crave a sandwich or a burger…
I prefer them to be sloppy with condiments and fixings oozing down my hands till I have to knife and fork it.
I’m not a salad and a glass of water kinda gal.

I had to put my fashizzle back together
F16 and I headed to Crave the other day...
…and today I still Crave it.
A burger joint that puts shame on any other burger joint I’ve been too.
A myriad of fattening combinations that …
...if you eat the whole thing you’ll probably intake enough calories for a week and your allowance of fat for a month….
Ahhhhhh...to be an American!






What’s awesome and different about this place is those burger choices are ALSO the sandwiches sans the burger…glorious absurd choices that make odd sense and excite your taste buds.
For girls like F16 and me we were thankful to see the other side of the menu…you can have all the joys of your burger…with out the burger. We may not be ‘salad’ girls but we still need to watch our calorie in-take.


So we ordered...
...Colorado: Shredded lamb, poblanos, onions, pepper jack cheese, avocado, chipotle mayo and tomatoes. $11.00
...Dim Sum Daffy: Roasted duck, ginger garlic cream cheese, red pepper, avocado, lettuce, onion, crispy wontons, hoisin.
$11.00

Our sides were sweet potato fries and fried pickles.
The fried pickles were a bit on the salty side (and $2 more)…that is the ONLY bad thing I have to say.
We split our sandwiches in half so we could both try them…
The lamb and the duck were not gamey, but tender and flavorful.
I would love to describe the flavors…but I’m an Un-Holy Trinity and there was a party in my mouth!
The bread was a perfect softness, I’m not gonna call it a bun…buns are often dry and unappetizing.
The roasted peppers, on both sandwiches added even more flavor and were perfect additions.
OH!…and the crispy wonton on the  Dim Sum Daffy…was an excellent extra of crunch!

Yeah…whatev…I’m raving about a burger joint and we didn’t even have a burger….that’s why I have to go back!
They also have milkshakes, which, because of calorie and fat content I HAD to skip but they looked SOooo yummy and even have Adult ones…
…F1 is ‘spirit’ filled so I’ll have to bring her so we all can share one…or two.

http://craverealburgers.com/

My bad if you don’t live here and don’t have one near you…’cause you are missin’ out!

No comments:

Post a Comment