Saturday, November 19, 2011

KillingLinguist

A cunning linguist is someone who understands words, languages, how to put a sentence together and enunciate words…
…properly.

Note…Please don’t think this will be boring scroll towards the bottom if you must.
Boring I am not scroll to the bottom must you hard headed be.

Everyone has pet peeves and the fact that many are killing the English language is one of mine…
…hence the title ‘KillingLinguist’.

Note…My three ‘…’ are not under fire here so please leave them behind…behind let them be (said in my Yoda voice) leave them alone…;0
Also to be left alone is my fascination with capitalizing proper nouns…I am aware they are not meant to be capitalized.
If you want to attack me I’ll pull out my inner Yoda.

I’m going to be obnoxious here and mark prepositions with an *…
...after it*
…after each one.
(Don’t worry I’ll get bored of that eventually I’m sure.)

Prepositions seem to* be* confusing to* most Americans. Did We (the royal 'We'…meaning the masses) not study them in* school?
Simply put…a preposition is a connecting word.

The WORST offense to* my ears and eyes are…
…”Where you going to*?”
…”Where you at*?”
First off they forgot the ‘ARE’…
…”Where ARE you going to*?”
…”Where ARE you at*?”
Two ways to fix My problem that You have is…
…”Where are you going?”
…”Where are you?”
If you insist on using a preposition you need to connect it…although this is also a waste of your breath and my time as well because it’s still wrong. It’s just something people like to think is ok…it’s not though.
…”Where are you going to* Bitch?”
…”Where are you at* Douche Bag?”

Exclusions example…...
1. "Where are you coming from*?”
That’s ok.
2. “From* where are you coming?”
Nobody I know speaks like* this.

Now…
Please read these next lines ALOUD as the all powerful Yoda, the greatest cunning linguist of all time, albeit from a galaxy far, far away...

“Young pad wan, solution I have!"

"Like Yoda we all speak."

"Problems end they will."

"Prepositions not matter and behind us now."

"Life better it will be."

"Have more fun we must."

"Stop the bitching I may…” This is doubtful.

"New problem find I can."

"Pee my pants laughing I will, though with you not at you.”

“Killing many Linguists with sabers we will.”

Note…Stop I don’t want…ceasing difficult when channelling Yoda…
…ending point I must!

“Harry Potter my Children watch they do.”

"Get off my Mac I must.”

…;)

2 comments:

  1. This is regional. I am from the West Side of Chicago and my sister in law has spent most of her adult life in Tennessee. She calls me on it all the time. I write and she says she laughs when she reads it. I have become very self conscious about it."Where you gonna be at? K'I come with?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Virginia, I’ve lived all over and have found it’s a violation ALL over the country. Sadly, it’s become the norm.
    …and the first step is acknowledging you have a problem;)

    ReplyDelete