Mrs. Whitehall stood lost. An old woman who was pretty once. She was well put together but her concern coloured her. Her husband went on to the woman behind the pushed to the side glass partition.
"I've seen the doctor before."
"I'm sorry sir he isn't taking any patients." A disembodied woman's voice came from behind the partition.
His wife touched his arm.
"The soonest I can get you in is September."
It's not even mid August yet.
"Sir, can you tell me what's going on?"
"I have blood in my urine and I need to see someone."
"I'm sorry sir I don't have anything until September."
Mr. and Mrs. Whitehall pass Death in the hall on their way out.
"May God be with you."
Death opened the door to the waiting room with signage taped methodically to glass partitions, walls, doors and next to door and partitions. Death took a seat and sat in empty waiting room.
"Why didn't you give him this appointment?" A male voice from behind the partitions.
"I blocked that out for emergencies."
Blood in his urine
"We block sections out so no one else can take it. We don’t like that patients can change their appointments and reschedule."
Blood in his urine
"So no one can access this if it's blocked."
"So if some one comes in with a catheter problem or a stone blockage we can get them in."
Blood in his urine
"I’m sorry sir the earliest appointment I have is in September."
The sweet voice from behind the glass partition with signs taped all over and one to the left of where Mr Whitehall had stood is a sign.
We care about our team members.
Aggressive behavior
is not tolerated here.
Aggressive behavior includes:
Physical assault
inappropriate contact
Abusive or foul language
Threats
Aggressive behavior may
result in removal from this facility and
prosecution. Thank you
Signed a pyramid scheme
Blood in his urine.
Be still and listen
One day I will tell you a story
Death looked at the woman with the sweet voice from behind the partition and said nothing as she walked out the door.
No comments:
Post a Comment