Monday, December 5, 2011

What To Do When You Are A White Girl And Your Daughter Has Black Hair

This is gonna be odd I know…
I cover SO many subjects you might think this one is out of the blue…
…it’s not.

I have several friends who have adopted children…My friends are caucasian white women….they have Children that were adopted and are black they are not African American these were domestic adoptions.

There is a HUGE hair issue…any black Woman would agree…our fashizzle is just not the same.

What do you do though if your little girl has hair that is totally out of your realm of experience and knowledge?

Note…I’m not really gonna help you…well I am…I’m just gonna do it my way…ya know, “Make it your own.”…”You mean do it ourselves?”
Yes…that’s an old school quote from The Un-Holy Trinity Me, Myself and I that is sometimes called Barbie….or African Barbie to ShowGirl;)

Here is what ya do…and I learned this from F3 who’s daughter is half Black and half Laotian…her hair is ALL black though!

You stalk the ‘black hair’ section at Wal Mart and accost some poor black Woman ok, you just made an assumption that I meant she didn’t have money but I mean is that this ‘poor’ woman you hope has some compassion and will take the time to listen to your story and see your daughter’s jacked up hair and feel bad for you cause you are just a white girl with no clue how to ‘do’ black hair and ask her for advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment