Saturday, December 5, 2020

Enti Omri

"They brought me back, your eyes, to the days they taught me to regret, the past and it's wounds

What I have seen before, have you, my eye

In a lost life, counting it, all on me

You are my life that started this morning with you

Has much from of my life before you has gone by, oh my love

Neither has he seen the heart, before you, one joy

Neither has he tasted in life besides the taste of sow

I started now only to love my life

I started now to fear, to fear that life would run

Every joy that longed for it before you

It has found it in the light of your eyes, my heart and soul

Oh you, the light of my soul

Oh you, the light of my heart, oh you, the dearest than my life

Why it didn't meet me, your love earlier

The beautiful night and the longing and the love

From a long time, and the heart is heaping for them 

Taste with me the love, taste, little by little

From the tenderness of my heart, that longed for your tenderness

Oh my love come, it's enough that we missed 

Is what we missed oh the love, of my soul a little

Oh dearer than my days

Oh more beautiful than my dreams

Take me to your tenderness, take me from my existence and far away

Far away, me and you, above

Oh love our days and we will wake up, sleeping out nights missing each other 

Reconsider because of you my day

I forgave because of you, the past times

You made me forget my pains

And I forgot with you bitterness"


Me here...I probably got some of that wrong. It's an English translation of an Egyptian song... it's a beautiful bit of poetry you might not have ever seen. 





No comments:

Post a Comment