Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Censorship?! Vs Editing?!

I had to delete my last blog due to the fact that I was concerned for my safety.

I have had more than several people approach me via private message enraged at what I have said. I usually keep these things to myself though and go on with my silly badself.
I’ve also had people report my blog as offensive, many times.

Note…I find nothing offensive about what I write.

I always win though with a few quick typed words…qwerty style.

I try to keep names out of my blog. My goal is truly not to anger someone. It’s to share the things that happen in my life….and if you just happen to walk into my life…well…
YOU DID IT WITH FREE WILL!!!

…if you are my friend that changed the name from the kiss and drop to piss and drop lane at the school…
…if you are my friend and get all out of sort because I didn’t answer the phone and sent you a text instead (my bad)…
…if you are my friend and stood me up (your bad;)
…if you went on a date or three with me...
…if I don’t know you and you approach me and tell me you’ve been talkin' smack about me…
…if you are someone I know and constantly bitches about everything…
…if you’re my good friends boyfriend and you are a dick…

So I censored myself.
I have said I edit my blog, the good and the bad.
I edit to keep people in my life safe.
Some of my friends are bad ass MoFos who need to be kept safe.

Then I got to thinkin’.

I removed my filter…from my voice and now I am more free than ever...
Is it ok for me to censor my words on my blog?

Well, I all ready DO!……..I just call it editing.

I am in the midst of writing the book of MY life. I will always and forever keep my friends safe though…deep breath people!

…oh wait, what could anyone possibly be worried about?

I ONLY have 12 followers!

If you are not my friend…and have not been nice to me?
I don’t know…?...
I’m not a hateful being but I have been known to be a woman with a wrath that is mightier than that of an average woman.
The power I have behind, in front and around me is exceptional…but I have a hard time with hate…
…Routinely the people that have made me so angry, that impede me and make me livid…
I forget their names.
…like the OWC president at Langley that year…Oh, I couldn’t stand her. She was such a bitch. I can’t even remember that fuckers name!

So I am at this impasse censorship vs editing…Is there a difference?

Right now I think yes.

Censorship is on someone else’s terms.
I grew up in a country where censorship was…..respected...and the places I visited…if you didn’t censor yourself you could land in jail.
I know I would not be comfortable ever going back ever.

Editing though is on my terms.

My book will be edited, not censored.
I will NOT censor myself and you will learn one day all about me.
…I’ll just edit my friends…later perhaps I might write fictional stories about my friends. Holy shit…ahhh the stories…I do love you all!!! and I will never hurt you though.

Freewill Edit vs Someone else’s will Censorship ……………….Has someone won for now?
Or will I forget their name because I find them so forgettable….?

A few years from now?…or maybe one?… maybe 5? maybe never?
…I only have 12 readers… is anyone really following this shit?

No comments:

Post a Comment