Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bridesmaids…NOT The Girl Version Of The Hangover!

All this fucking hype about Bridesmaids being some “hilarious” film I’m calling bull shit on.

You get me in the theater telling me it’s a ‘girls’ version of The Hangover???!!!

It’s not.

You want a real review?
It’s a GREAT film about ANNIE, a woman who’s life has not turned out the way she expected.

Note…This is something I GET!

She in Home Dates AKA Booty Call…with a total asshole. Her life is littered with debris from her past and her now.

Note…I saw a lot of myself in her…the whole in Home Dating shit…Hey, at least the guy I in Home Date…now… is…nice. I know he doesn’t want more from me and I am as cool as I can be….but I have decided I can’t get a date and if a date DOES show up they are trainwrecks!…So in Home Dating it is…although I would love to get out once in awhile, with a man and not just my girlfriends. (I’m scared, I think the guy I in Home Date will read this…but I truly understand I am in no way part of his life and won’t push it ‘cause Im ok with it…but if any one asked me out, I would hope it would be him.)

Annie is a poor soul that has had nothing gone right…they way we imagine it to be as little girls. Her business went bust, relationships are crap…and now her best friend is getting married and she is the Maid of Honor.
Lilly, the Woman getting married has a new friend who hinders the way and sabotages Annie throughout the film…in the slyest way.
There are characters I love…the Mom who just NEEDS to get to Vegas..and have some life…
….and others…
The Characters are the real woman I know that is why I love this film.

…but did I go to this film to reflect on my own failures?
NO!!!!

In the end Annie ends up with the right guy for her….not some national secret…the Cop. A normal guy. Who doesn’t want normal?

I liked the film…ish.
No I loved it. It was real life. My life-ish…I just don’t have roommates or a busted business.
I might even have more crap, I just handled it differently.


But it dragged on and on and on…maybe I would not felt it had dragged on if I had known what I was getting into?

No comments:

Post a Comment