Saturday, September 12, 2026

Investigator-initiated Trials

 


Investigator-initiated trials

“Trials for what?”

...


It was an odd day for sure at way above an average human hight…looking down on the greed and the gluttony.

The little girl with the black hair whisps, olive skin and large eyes the colour of dried cherries, clothed from her toes to her neck in pink, grabbed her feet and giggled as she and Death caught each other in transit. Her mothers eyes the colour if lichen growing on a river tree, beautiful by all rights, well groomed and shaped, oblivious and all knowing.

Death, "You look great."

Lichen eyes, "Thanks. It's a lot of work and I'm doing it by my self."

Death's white and taupe oxfords tied tightly to her feet, gold shirt and blue jeans folded up twice so only 3 inches from her ankle could be seen. Lichen eyes saw a woman in her fifties, well dressed and hair worn extremely short, a sign she thought of solidarity. Death knew people always see what they want. 

"I was getting later in my forties so I got a donor and now I'm a mom."

The fatherless girl smiled a three tooth smile at Death.

Death looked at Lichen eyes and turned her back and Sid to her husband, “ come on, let’s get a bev.”

The difference between a child whose father has denied her vs the child whose mother just wanted. 



Onward through the journey of human kind Death walked.














No comments:

Post a Comment