Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Polarization Of America: Pro-Life/Pro-Choice

Abortion/Termination, I don’t care what you call it but there is a reason why someone would call it one thing and not another.
It’s perspective.
For some it’s a matter of their Religious views or right/wrong.
For some it’s a matter of the right to choose what happens to their body. They can be Religious or not.

When I was a teenager my Dad had a talk with me…
…”You have to pick.”
And I did; Pro-Choice (not because of Religious conviction). That was 24 years ago though and several years ago I came to the conclusion that NOTHING is Black or White.

I’ve known several women that have terminated(?) the life(?) that grew in them. They all did it with the heavy weight that only a Woman can understand. They did it for their own reasons.
I said…"that only a Woman can understand”, because a Man will never have to be burdened with this choice(?).
Anytime you have sex you need to acknowledge that there could be consequences for your actions and you better hope that your nuva ring is ‘installed' properly and that he wore a condom.
A Woman can get pregnant even if she uses birth control, accidents do happen…can you call the creation of life an accident?
The Woman IS burdened with the responsibility.
If a Man and a Woman have a one night stand (I’m not saying it’s right, just that it does happen) and she gets pregnant…
The Woman IS burdened with the responsibility.

My 3 Children were adopted.
Their Biological Mothers were burdened with the heavy weight of carrying these Children to term and I am SO THANKFUL they did…
However, even though I am the Mother of 3 adopted Children…
I’m a realist; rape, health issues and such are also reasons but…
...I say this knowing that the majority of the Women that make this hard decision do it as a form of birth control, most often only once. I also believe it’s not a flippant choice they make.
I truly believe it is not my right to stand in judgement of someone else’s choice.

The Religious Right would most likely say these Women are going to hell(?) if they don’t or haven’t invited(?) accepted(?) Jesus into their lives and asked for forgiveness…
My thought is that they are already living in that hell.

The over all debate is…
…”When do we call it(?) life?
The 'morning after pill’…potential life is being executed(?).
For most Women the morning after pill is a God send, pun intended.
To go a little bit deeper…
As far as the Catholic church is concerned a man cannot even “jizz off” masturbate I hope privately because the potential for life exists in sperm.
Show me a Man, Catholic or not and I’ll show someone that masturbates.

Matt. 7:1 “How can you say to your brother, 'let me take that speck out of your eye’, when all the time there is a plank in your own eye.”

I know I do not want to travel back in time to the days of back alley abortions(?) terminations(?)...

I’m Pro-Life for myself.
I’m Pro-Choice for someone else.
It is the dilemma that We that are middle of the road…not liberal, not conservative, live with…it’s not that we can’t make a choice/decision…We most certainly can! We also know that we are not in the right to make a decision for someone else.

To talk about this subject I also HAVE to bring up the death penalty.
 ... I extend my Pro-Life stand with concerns to the death penalty as well.
You cannot truly be Pro-Life and also believe in the Death Penalty.
But often conservatives are Pro-Life and Pro-Death Penalty.
Liberals are often Pro-Choice and Anti-Death Penalty.

I would love to say that I am Against the Death Penalty because I am Pro-Life…
It is not for that reason that I oppose it though…as my heart sinks...
I’m a realist...
I oppose it because sometimes someone is wrongly accused but more importantly, it’s more expensive to put someone on Death Row than it is to keep them in prison for Life.
I don’t wanna pay for that!

It saddens me that there is a portion of society that believes things are black and white…their way or the highway…I’m on that highway…driving in the middle of the road trying not to get hit!…I believe I am an average American with realistic middle of the road views…we lack a voice and the propaganda skills that the left and the right use to gather followers(?).





    No comments:

    Post a Comment