Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I Broke My Arm

I’ve been trying to write about Friday night but I decided to stop and write this first.

So…I broke my right arm. To be specific I fractured my radius in a few places…right at the wrist, also part of my ulna broke off.
Simply put, I slipped and fell.

The challenges I have found are numerous for someone like me. Someone who is active and most of the things I do, to include my hobbies, require the use of both hands.

Saturday morning my Children were dropped off (I hadn’t gotten dressed yet and was still in my pajamas)…I took a shower after they arrived but first I had to place a plastic bag over my busted arm and then had to figure out how to cover and seal my jacked up self with my Glad, Press and Seal…with one arm. Not the easiest task, it took me about 15 minutes.
Whilst in the shower I grabbed the shampoo and squooze (that’s not a word, but should be one) some shampoo on my head…probably about 1/2 cup ‘cause I couldn’t see a damn thing. Then I laughed as I spent the next few minutes getting all the suds out of the little hair I have...on my head;)

Note…My Daughter, BrownNut was visibly upset and said…
…”You just aren’t like other Mom’s.”
Me…”No honey, I’m not. Do you want me to be?”
BN…”No, because then you wouldn’t be you and you are a pretty awesome Mom because you’re not like the others."

My daughter helped me with my bra. All the pants I bought when I had my knee surgery have come in handy…I bought them because I was able to wear my leg brace under them. I find them now so wonderful for there ease and the waste band that doesn’t look so bad.

Later that evening the Children and I headed to F69’s house for dinner. We were supposed to attend a party for one of the F’s but I really didn’t want to be around to many people…SF69 made sure all the Children were fed as the rest of us sat and chatted.

Note…I met a really nice couple that night and wish they lived here.

Sunday AM my Children were picked up by their Father and I finally had time to contemplate my situation.

I got in the shower and repeated my routine with the Press and Seal and such.
I thought to myself…
…”I think I’m gonna have to let my underarm hair grow. It’s not like anyone that matters will notice ‘cause I haven’t, still, seen my in-homedater since summer started and it’s not like there is anyone else in my life that I need to look good for and keep their attention so they don’t stray…” Those were my exact thoughts.

After my shower I stood in my bedroom naked and put lotion on as many places I could reach with my right hand. My left arm was going to have to forgo any attention. (F15 had let me know she would lather my whole body up if I asked;)….I heart her.)
Then it came time to put my bra on. After about a half hour of frustration I was crying and laughing because I was so determined to do it all on my own. I could have asked Kat to come over but I was to stubborn. I finally got that damn bra hooked…and no, there was no way I was going to be able to forgo my bra.
I then wished I had a boyfriend that loved me and would come over and help me, without asking. Then that thought left my brain as it was stupid; I have only one T.V. and I refuse to give up the remote control.

Note…These were/are my actual thoughts. This blog is where I am honest about/with Me, Myself and I.

Last night I was trying to make dinner, pasta and a red sauce. Kat, all the Children and I needed to be fed.

Note…Monday night was Pizza night ‘cause our schedules are filled with music classes on Mondays…so I didn’t have to cook.

…I needed to add a can of diced tomatoes to my sauce…I don’t have an electric can opener…Kat opened it for me. I had the base of my sauce in the freezer, easy peasy lemon squeezy. I filled a stock pot with water then tried to pick it up with one hand….that was a ‘no go’. I grabbed one end of it and pressed the other side of the pot on the side of my belly to get the stove.
When it came time to drain the pasta…I had to ask Kat to do it.

Laundry…I can’t right socks that are inside out. Laundry sucked before now I find it even more of a chore.

I just went over a FEW of the things that are difficult for me to accomplish…

Now on to the judging…and yes, as always someone judges me.

When the Children were dropped off on Saturday morning my Ex looked at me like I had two heads. We get along, but honestly, I am not his favorite person in the world. Sometimes I think he hates me not because of the divorce but because of who I am and what I represent…a free woman that refuses to hold her tongue.

When I broke my arm it was an accident. I had decided to stopped doing JuJitsu because class was so aggressive and I was sure to injure myself again. That does not mean I won’t take refresher courses. I had found that for my Children I needed to not put myself in precarious positions…
…Then what do I go and do but break my arm…and not just a little break but one that requires me to have one or maybe two titanium plates added to my skeleton.

After the destruction of my knee ligaments and the things I was unable to accomplish during my rehabilatation…which I’m still working on…I felt horrible for my fabulous Children. I had to ask for their help in all sorts of areas…
I was talking to my Mom yesterday and she told me that I needed to ask my Children to help me out even more…
…I have a hard time doing that.
I need my Children to see me as a strong, independent woman capable of feats that others would shy away from.
…And my Friends who have offered help…
…Wow…
…From Kat offering to clean my bathrooms…that is a serious sacrifice…That girl HATES cleaning;). My bathrooms are clean though so no worries there. She did clean a few of my dishes, pots to be exact, that I was unable to do with one arm.
…F16, who’s Spouse is deployed and she’s taking care of her 3 Children by herself…
…F9…anything last minute I know she will drop everything...
…All my F’s have offered up their respective services!
…F1 I think is planning a party around my surgery;)
…F15 is driving me and her husband, My Brother From Another Mother, is picking me up…

As much as I love their help, I will only take what I absolutely need.
I need them to see me the same way as my Children need to see me…Strong, independent and capable of feats that others shy away from…
…Because that is what makes Me, Myself and I, Kristin, The Un-Holy Trinity.

I didn’t ask for this and some might be wondering if it’s some karma kicking me in my ass.
No, all my bad karma has already played through…
I believe this yet another test by the Gods so I can prove myself to Me (ME, not You) that I can take on what ever is thrown at me with grace, humor and with an attitude that…I will not accept defeat.

It’s just a little broken arm after all;) If I can’t handle this I’m screwed!

No comments:

Post a Comment