Friday, April 8, 2011

An Inspirational story

Wanna lose weight?

I’m a skinny bitch, don’t look at me. I work out all the time and eat what I want. Sometimes I eat only one meal a day….but if I do it’s a big one!
F1, F2 and I are the same size. At the gym we weigh ourselves in front of each other. F1 is getting fat….NO she is not! She’s 128 Lbs…F2 and I weigh 118. I fuck with F1 about her “weight gain” …
Me…”Wow…we need to stay longer in the sauna.”
I read an article about Fat Talk in college the other day. Young ladies worried about their size and how their clothes fit.

Hellooooo!!!! It doesn’t end in college. We are in our thirties….I will be forty this year. I constantly worry about what I look like. I posted a pick on FB yesterday and deleted it when I got home…I thought I looked fat. I decided to post a different one instead… Holy shit I think to myself I’m in reasonable shape. I’m worried that perhaps the ‘fat around my middle’ is showing….sadly earlier that day I posted a pic of myself in a belly dancer outfit…I was wearing NO make up….I didn’t care what I looked like with no make up…all I wanted to do was look skinny!

I AM NOT a story of inspiration…I am a fucking mess.

My friend Valerie is a story of inspiration. Drive, determination…hard work!!!!
When I first saw Valerie at the Elementary school my children attend she was heavy, wore sweat pants and large t-shirts.
It always bothered be. I thought she was beautiful…I had never met her.

Note...It’s funny the standards I set for myself I do not apply to others with concerns to weight. Clothes are another thing though, sort of. I don’t care what you wear if you are my friend I will love you no matter what!
But…you can still dress well no matter what size you are. I CAN SHOP SALES LIKE NO OTHER!!! …and I will drop everything and help you if you want.

As I was sayin’…
Valerie dressed ‘fruppy’. It bothered me.

Note…She has no idea about ANY of what I’m saying…honesty is difficult. I know her but not that well and I HOPE she reads this, and will remain my friend.

Anyway…I would say to F1 and F2…
…”I want to take her shopping, I hate that she wears the same thing all the time, and she looks like shit.”

Mean girl syndrome?
No.
I had never even met her…and I wanted more for her!

One day I approached her, we had a common friend which made it easier for me…
I found out that she was in the middle of losing weight.

We became FB friends and I watched her ‘melt’ away…

PX90…
Thai Bo (However you spell it)…
Running…
And eating right...
She had a goal.

She works hard and fast and she is amazing. She inspires me to be not skinnier…but a better person. I am thankful she is in my life and I can share her story with you.
When I look in the mirror I don’t want to see the things I don’t like about my body, I want to see the things I love….Because of VALERIE!!!

She melted away.
Not with surgery.
With hard work.

Changing your way of life is not easy. She gets up before 5am and works out almost everyday! She still treats herself but does it in moderation. (I see this on her FB posts.)

Thank you Valerie. You are an inspiration to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment