Friday, April 15, 2011

The 5 Year Plan

I’ll get to the 5 year plan in a bit…

Today I received this message from F4…

"Thank Goodness It's Friday"......
You hear them all scream......
It's the gathering day.....
Of the "therapy team".

"Come one, Come all".....
To the______ Pad.....
Good times will be shared.....
(And probably some bad!)

"How 'bout a 'rita?"
The blender's a go......
Or whatever concoction....
You're ready to throw!

Hope to see you.....
When the clock strikes one.....
For a couple of hours......
Of afternoon fun!


A delight for me to see for sure!…After feeling like a failure in so many aspects of my life I NEEDED my Friends and our “Therapy” session.


We started our chat about my tax failure. 
F2…”You should have just brought everything over here, we could have done it together!”
Me…”It’s so complicated though…”
Back of my mind, I HAD thought about it. I have some very smart friends and 1 has a degree in finance, I think…although now a days she just herds her children doing everything she can to stay sane.
I would rather just pay someone than put my friends through this tax torture.


We move on...
We chat about everything, nothing is off limits. 


Today however F1 was a little concerned about me.
The Saturday night Trainwreck was brought up..
F1…”If you can’t share with us, then are we really true friends?”
…she has a point. I had thought about it on the way to therapy…about sharing how I was really feeling and about my fears.


Note…sorry about the font change…it looks normal as I type but seems to have a mind of it’s own.


So I let my guard down and talked, and shared…F7 handed me tissues and I told them about Sunday, when one of our other friends, K was over…


Tissues…Sunday afternoon, I tell K about my trainwreckieness and I also tell her why I am such a mess…tears are streaming from my eyes as I embarrassedly head to the bathroom and grab some tissues… While I’m in there, door open…I am pulling out tissues and they keep tearing, one after the other…I start laughing, hysterically as I’m crying…I come up to her with all these torn tissues in the open palms of my hands, laughing so hard…
Me…”I can’t even get a fucking tissue properly!”
She laughed her ass off and told me a similar story…
I love her.

Back to todays therapy…I shared my fears and feelings openly. These women are not JUST my friends or sisters…I truly believe God put us together because we would need each other in the now and the  future. Just like I know I live in this house because K and I NEEDED to meet.
Anyway…I digress…I love digression…
F1…”Well, if we lived to 40 marriage would be great, that’s why foursomes should be legal.”
We start talking about gay marriage/unions/ such and the like…and the Bible. A few of my friends are very religious…I love that about them.

F?…”…but the bible say’s…”
Me…”The bible says a lot and people pick and choose what they want as do the many different Protestant Religions…”
Uh Oh…here we go again…
Me…”Remember Emperor Constantine and his crew at the Nicene gathering (I’m paraphrasing) put the Bible together…THEY picked and choose too…and that’s all you see now.”

Me…”Don’t you ever wonder what was left out…like…”

…”Look out world! 1971, September 23rd, Kristin WILL be born and she will change the world!”

F4…”…and the Anti-Christ was born!"

I love my friends.

We continue with the discussion on Marriage…

This is the 5 Year Plan…
I have a friend. He’s a retired Pro Hockey Player and a French Canadian, who has been married twice, and divorced twice...and this is HIS plan. He’s not a typical athlete. He’s smart, really smart as well as driven.

Note…I haven’t talked to him in about week (he doesn’t live near me) but I WILL call him when and if I post this to let him know he made my blog. (I know all my friends like making my blog…I’m so full of myself I can’t even stand being around me sometimes;)

If he ever get’s Married again he and she will sign a contract for 5 years. Then if in another 5 years things are still going well, they sign on for another 5 years for a total of 10. At 10 years it’s ALL or nothing. No going back and divorce is no longer an option.

Note…He lives in California where at the 10 year point everything is split 50/50…he has seen his friends lose a lot.

I like his plan…but I would take it to another level.
The contract should include SO much more…house hold chores, children, who pays the bills…how often they have sex….a detailed contract.

...As I see it, there are only two reasons to get married, Tax breaks and being able to be a family and god forbid anything happens you can see each other in the hospital (I’m pro Gay marriage too.)

I wonder if I should work on a different kind of 5 year plan?…Because I don’t think I’d ever get married again. A sensible one to make my life and all aspects there of better…a contract with myself.

It was a good, needed day with friends. No, not just friends but my soul family…although there were more than a few missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment