Friday, June 24, 2011

Are We Entitled To Friends?

Yesterday as I was accomplishing nothing…unless sitting on my sofa watching Bridezillas can count as something…

I saw/heard something that bothered me…Ok, the whole thing bothered me.

YES….I admit it…I was watching Bridezillas!
Have you ever seen it?
I don’t watch it often but when I do I feel like one of the nicest, most considerate people in the world.
These women infuriate me.

Note…Don’t judge my T.V. watching choices. Keep in mind that I sit and type for hours and hours and only some of what I type I post. Plus Dr. Who or Top Gear weren’t on.

So some back story if you’ve never seen the show…and no..this blog is NOT just about this show.
The show follows two Women Trainwrecks days before and leading up to their wedding.
These Women Bitches think they are entitled to anything and everything they desire all because they are ‘having a wedding’. Please note that I didn’t say, 'Getting married’.
Their focus is to create havoc for everyone around them all because they think they are the most important person in the world…and…
... “it’s the most important day of their life.”
Anyone that has been married knows it’s not the wedding…it’s the marriage that should be the focus…not their nails and having Bridesmaids be at their beck and call for ridiculous errands and queries just so they can feel ‘special’.

Now that I have said that…
…The sense of Entitlement some have exacerbates me.

Are we entitled to Friends…
...if we treat them badly?

I’m not a perfect Friend.

Sometimes I spout out advice when none was asked for...
My Friends roll their eyes often at me.
F9 would ask for my advice but didn’t like my answers and would get pissed at me.
I lost F9 as a Friend.
Tonight as I chilled with F69 at her house I said…
…”If you ever want to move your furniture around in here…I’d love to help.”
She’s cool…she knows I love shit things like that.

I’m a bit of a homebody and don’t always like to go out...
My Girl Friends know I usually spend my weekend nights alone and invite me over often. I don’t always take them up on it. Oddly it took a long time to get used to being alone by myself. I’m finally ok and comfortable with it and welcome it.

My Friends know that I will not offer something I don’t mean...
Child care for-instance…
...I have my Children only half the time…if my Children are not here I would have no clue what to do if you dropped yours off. However if my Children are here whats, 1, 2, 5 or 6 more? Strangely it makes no difference to me when my Children are home.

I also won’t say something I don’t mean…
This means that if I give someone…ANYONE a compliment it is not empty…I fucking mean it.

I’m now gonna go off on a bunny trail…
…because
My friends…
…Are one of the greatest gifts anyone could have.
If you live here or there...

My Friends here in CO…to quote my Brother from another Mother…
SF15…’We moved here to meet you.’
I think it was the other way around…

F4 once…at the last minute watched my 3 Children so I could go on a casting call. I dropped them off in the evening and picked them up the NEXT evening…she never once asked anything from me. Thank’s H F4…
…one day I will pay you back…

My Old School Friends that I haven’t seen in years…We talk and grow together as we reminisce and learn that no matter how much we didn’t/or did have in common then…Now we are the same, living parallel lives.

My Jollylicous/Military Friends that stuck by me after my Marriage disintegrated…
…My REAL Friends…that didn’t Judge me…or him.
…You not once changed the dynamics.

My Really, Really OLD friends from long, long ago…that support me in my quest…I swear y’all live either in Canada, Barbados or the UAE!

My Sisters that I once just considered Cousins…life handed you a fucking miss-dealed hand…You are Stefania and My Sister’s now…and with that closer Friends as well.

…I don’t always know that I deserve the friends I have but I do know I am blessed YOU are in my life.
You are THE most non-judgmental, loving, beautiful, funny, wise people a Woman could have to love and support her…
…One day I would like to give you what you have given me.

I really could go on and on and on…and I will…but not here…

I didn’t bring this Shit to full circle this time…don’t care either. Hop, hop, hop I went on a bunny trail;) (Yes, that was for you...)

No comments:

Post a Comment