Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cranberry Sauce and leftovers…:/

I love being able to make a variety of things from any leftovers I have from any meal, completely transforming them into something unique to the last meal that they were consumed.

Pot Roast…transformed into Thai Beef and Butternut Squash Curry…Ropa Veja…
A Roasted Chicken, Roast Pork…The ideas to many to name…Pick a Country!
I love food.


Cranberry Sauce, I LOooooVE it! The jellied kind from a can, home made…I don’t care. Not many people like the whole berry kind I have found and I am always left with loads leftover and I enjoy a challenge to use it in different ways.
It makes a marvelous cocktail when strained. Add Vodka and cranberry juice.
The other day I didn’t have cranberry juice so I poured 1TBs of the strained liquid into a glass of Voigner (a white wine) added a splash of OJ and a Splash of citrus flavored vodka. Holy Kamolie that shit was good!

So…I have all this leftover cranberry sauce…I’m making some stuff out of it.

Please see Thanksgiving Recipes Blog for Cranberry Sauce.

Today however I wanted to make Pumpkin Cranberry Bread…Sorry no recipe as I was busy and forgot to write it down. I will make it again though ‘cause it was fabulous.
I also wanted to make some fudge….
Chocolate Cranberry Fudge!
It didn’t ‘pan’ out like I planned so now I have this amazingly delicious chocolate cranberry mess and I am brainstorming what to do with it as I blog.

Sweets are not my expertise so I challenge myself maybe even more when it comes to them…pushing the limits.
…and if anyone has ever eaten my Peppermint Rose Cakes…well, you either like it or you don’t!
…or my Tempura fried Chocolate Cake…Hahahhaaaa. We were drunk, what can I say. I had a chocolate cake in front of me, left over Tempura batter and hot oil. Hellloooooo….what did you think I would do?!

I took the Chocolate Cranberry ‘Fudge’ and whipped it up, truffles are OUT!…I have a chocolate cranberry mess now…
I am thinking of Challah Bread….A Chocolate Cranberry semi Challah bread….
I’ll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment