Thursday, December 23, 2010

2 days before Christmas and no children insight...

I’m a Mom.
I’m divorced.
We take turns with all major Holidays….an every other year kinda thing.
Per past Blogs, you know my Ex and I get along well.

Last year I had the Children and my parents came to visit.
He showed up around 5:30am Christmas morning and waited with me as they woke up….We also had to wake my parents;).
He also left after dinner, around 7pm…worked well for me and all of mine!

This year they are with their Dad.
I sit her thankful for the 'Angry Birds’ Game to occupy my time.

It’s the weirdest feeling.
Christmas is about children to me.
(I know, the birth of Jesus and all…or the Winter Solstice/Saturnalia)
But come on…..watching a child a couple days before Christmas and then the morning of,,,
Oh SO precious!

This is a choice I made and MUST live with.

It’s so strange though…

I will be at my Ex’s Christmas morning…5:30am-ish…breakfast casserole in hand.
Together we will be …
...'Team Mom and Dad’
That is the way we refer to ourselves to the children…and the way they think of us.
When at the Children’s School for any event we sit next to each other and I know that people who don’t know us, but kinda know our situation sit and wonder….
There is NOTHING to wonder about as we are two mature adults that love our Children.

Christmas Afternoon we will go to our mutual friends for Christmas dinner at 1:00 with ALL our other friends. It will be wonderful, full of laughter and joy!

One day he will show up with a girl-friend (I hope and pray) and I will hug her for she will be family.
It will be one of the greatest gifts ever.

2011 is coming up fast….
Do yourself a favor…

Caveat….
Some of you are divorced from some major assholes or total fucking bitches….I understand this…

If you can live better by putting someone else before yourself you should find what ever way you can to do so.

A Christmas Wish for all of you…

Love, peace, friendship….and a gift from the Angels…freedom to be yourself,  and the realization you are a blessed being yourself!

Yule Tides and may your Fire Burn Bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment