Thursday, October 20, 2011

My Right Wrist

It’s very hard to type these days. It shouldn’t be but it is and I find myself taking many breaks.

I had to go to my Doctor yesterday about my right hand which I had also hurt in my fall on my Birthday. I feel bad that I had to hide this from my friends...that my right hand was injured as well. I needed one semi decent working hand because so much damage had been done to my left arm.
I’m a single Mom…That’s all I should really have to say.
It was getting progressively worse and more painful though.
The X Rays showed that it looks like part of my scaphoid has broken off…it was hard to see though so I have to have an MRI. This is not bad news and we can most likely just leave it. It's rubbing against my tendon though…we think. My Doctor has a plan. Surgery being a last option I’m excited to share with you and I was excited to hear.
I have to wear a braces on both my wrists now…and they don’t match. Aggghhhhhh!

I’m still recovering from my surgery on my left arm.
http://behindthebookscover.blogspot.com/2011/09/i-broke-my-arm.html
…My Doc thinks I have tendentious in my left hand and I’m also having nerve ‘issues’ in my thumb. My recovery is going well as I work hard in between my visits to my Terrorist whom the other day brought tears to my eyes. I heat my wrist up and bend it back and forth. I turn my hand as far as I can to face it up with a hammer in my hand. It’s all quite fun(?).

When I wake up my arms/hands hurt the worst. It almost feels like they are burning. As I get up though and start my routine they inevitably calm down. There are a few tasks I find difficult, un-hooking my bra being comically one of the most painful…Opening things are also problematic...jars, doors (with my left hand)...what have you…I find myself very adaptable though and I hate bitching.


I have a lot of pride and ask for help only when I need it. Kat, one of my Besties, lives across the street. Having one of your best Friends living across the street is fabulous when I need a cocktail and can’t open the jar of blue cheese olives;)

F1 is upset at me because I hardly told anyone. Two of her Children had surgery themselves last week…the last thing I want to do is burden my Friends…when there really is nothing anyone can do to help. I am truly blessed to have Friends that get upset with me when I don’t share with them. 
I can cook. I can clean. I can drive. I can yell like a banshie at my Children when I need to.

If I really shared how frustrating this was I would go on forever…
...but I need a break now...

No comments:

Post a Comment