Monday, February 6, 2012

Faith Promise

OOOoooooooo Doggy I just got my panties in a wad! Not really I don’t have any on.

Several of my friends posted this on Facebook…
http://blog.faithpromise.org/2012/01/fathers-be-good-to-your-daughters/

Almost…a great read…but this is NOT AN EPISODE OF GLEE. This is the real world.

This is the part I have a problem with…
"Be the husband you want her to have one day.  Enough said.  “Enough said”…then STOP HERE! Is it difficult?  Yes.  Does it mean sacrifice?  Yes.  Is it worth it?  Yes. Obviously enough was not said  I watch my husband daily making changes to be a better husband and dad.  He’s amazing.  He demonstrates for our daughter the kind of man he wants her to marry one day."
 …I know this is a religious site but
HELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo!!!

Divorce is gonna happen almost 50% of the time and sadly Children will be involved.
Life is not all daffodils and rainbows.

First off there are TWO parents involved (usually). In this little site that has been shared, read and commented by many…(I didn’t read all the comments)…I did read that many Christians have a hard time receiving ‘Gays’ Yes I used the word ‘Gays’…again life is not an episode of Glee... (even their own Children) into their lives. I’m not goin’ there though, this time and pissed me off not for myself but those Mom and Dads that are happily divorced!

Divorce is NOT a bad word.
…The religious right is so wrong sometimes.

Note…Some of my closest Friends are BornAgain/Baptist/Christians and are what I would consider the epitome of the teachings of their Jesus. I know others that are not.

How about this scenario…One spouse is done, male or female, I don’t care which. Obviously (sometimes denied by one) something was wrong in the marriage. The spouse in denial comes to their acceptance(?) and “gets it”… The “get’s it” part is who is/are the most important person/s here…
This is what we can teach them…our Children that are more important than us.

We can teach them how two people that once loved one another can MAKE IT WORK even though their relationship has moved forward, done and changed.
“Is it difficult? Yes. Is it worth it? Yes.

I know great single Mom’s and great single Dad’s that are fantastic examples to their Children.
This is a shout out to YOU! Fuck all those judgmental types.

Be the Parent you want them to be!
And please stop watching Glee…as much as Politically Correct people fuel my fire of fun;) it’s getting Reeeeeeeeeediculous.

Some of you will read this and wonder why I found it offensive (?)…
…It’s a slap in the face to those Parents that made a very difficult decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment