Monday, February 27, 2012

Life As A HotChick

I had to go to the DMV today. I didn’t dread it.
I left my house and started on my way realizing almost half way there I had forgotten my paper thingy so I could renew my plates.
Some people would be angry or pissed. I laughed at myself. 5 minutes out of my life was not going to end the world.
I was in and out.
My friend sent me a text when I said I was done.
…”Life is easier when you are a hot chick.”

I don’t believe that.

Life is easier when you are grateful for all you have.
Life is easier when you treat people with respect.
Life is easier when you can laugh.
Life is easier when you set your priorities straight.
Life is easier when you acknowledge all the love in your life.

Life is easier when you are grateful for all you have. (I know I said it twice.)

We all know my life isn’t perfect and some of my blogs I let out my frustration…but that’s what I do… I let it out and don’t let it back in.

F2 has told me…”Not everyone can be like you.”
She’s right they can’t. I want each person to be themselves. The world would be like an episode of The Twilight Zone if everyone was like me.
What I do want people to do is look at the big picture.

My bone structure has nothing to do with my happiness. That’s a joke.

I take care of (in no particular order) my face, hair, body(sorta), friendships, family (this is my reminder to call my sister in Miami).
I treat strangers with respect. I look them in the eyes and when I say…
…”How’s your day going?” I mean it.
Sometimes they look at me perplexed and then ‘get it’…
…I care.

When my friend sent me the text…
…”Life is easier when you are a hot chick.”
I smiled…and took notice of my life.

I failed at marriage but succeeded in divorce.
I miss my Children when they are at their Dads but have discovered I’m a better part time Mom than a full time one. (As a Mom, that was hard to admit out loud.)
I have all these injuries that can’t be seen from the outside but I know they will get better.
My Besties KNOW my life is not perfect but I usually find a way to laugh things off.

…But...my life is easier than someone who does not take note of all there is to be grateful for.
The best looking person in the world can also be the ugliest.
It’s what’s on the inside that counts.

1 comment: