Friday, January 20, 2012

I’m Going On A Hair Adventure…I Think

I know some Men that are vehemently opposed to their Woman cutting their long hair.
I read the article below and I felt really bad for the writer…I also felt…
…relived for her.
I’d like you to read it if you don’t mind...
http://www.elle.com/Beauty/Hair/Short-Hairstyles-Do-Haircuts-Affect-Your-Love-Life
Do you think he loved her?
Can you stop loving someone in an instant because of a physical change…that can grow back?
Or did he never really love her?

Note…My hair is mine, it shouldn’t be the hair you love about me…it should be me…’cause my hair I will always be changing...

I took a survey on Facebook asking…
When taking a survey the wording is important.
…’Do you think Women with short hair are less attractive than ones with long hair?’
I could have asked…
…’Do you think Women with short hair are more attractive than ones with long hair?'

19 of my friends answered my survey.
14 Women
5 Men
What I got out of the survey was…
…Not all Women can wear short hair, it takes bone structure and a nice skull.
…It takes attitude to wear short hair.
…Some Men don’t want their spouse to look like their mother….and others do.
…And KAT, said…”Tough one. I’m not attracted to women. Besides, I’ve kind of always figured that all women with shout hair were gay…right?
…Long enough to pull is good enough.(The Men really want to pull our hair…I love my Caveman friends.)

I have short hair.
I have short hair because I like short hair on me.
I have short hair because I like to not take 30 minutes getting my hair just right.
I have also said I don’t have great hair, that’s why I keep it short.

My short hair has become a bit of a signature look for me.
I tried to grow it out once and that was a comedy of errors, the stylist errors...
http://behindthebookscover.blogspot.com/2010/12/adventures-of-my-hair.html

Because I have short hair there is nothing for me to hide behind.

I dressed up for ya this time;)
I went to the hair Goddess the other day for a cut and colour…
While in the seat I decided I was going to try and grow it out…on a whim.
…An uncomfortable whim.
I have a vision but don’t know if I can follow through…
I have a specific style I want now, but it will be me enduring painful moments of the hair 'growing out stageS'!
I actually have 2 different styles I’d like to go for, one will take about a year after I get the first to it's proper length.
I left the salon feeling like I looked like a 40 year old mother of three.
I actually don’t know if I can really ‘let my hair go’…I feel most comfortable with short hair.
However getting out of my comfort zone is crucial for me to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment