Friday, January 6, 2012

Laura

I had a dream about Laura last night. (I’ll get to my dream towards the end.)
She was one of my dearest friends from High School.

I was 15 and she was 16…I would sleep over at her house and, sorry Mom’s, we would sneak out of her house and head to Orlando to hit Nightclubs and Raves. We would dance the night away to the bass of techno music…"House music all night long"…and had crazy amounts of fun. We were lucky to never really get into any serious trouble.

We were in a singing and dancing group called the Ten Tones. Since Facebook we are all still close and I actually get to see my singing friends from time to time.
She was one grade ahead of me and graduated a year earlier…

When High School ends often people find themselves in different places and they move on…That’s what happened to us.
We kept in touch though and when I got married she and another dear friend sang at my wedding.

Our lives went in very different directions and I tried to write about it in a very fictional way awhile back…I was unable to finish my short story though because, well, the ending loomed ahead of me like a wrecking ball aimed at my heart.
http://behindthebookscover.blogspot.com/2011/01/dancer-part-one-ish.html
http://behindthebookscover.blogspot.com/2011/01/dancer-part-two-ish.html

Laura isn’t with us anymore.
I feel her loss everyday.
She left this planet in the saddest most tragic way.

Laura was talented and beautiful…
She could act.
She could dance.
She was smart.
Her voice was...angelic.
She had everything going for her.

I found out a year after she passed that she had died.
It was during a very difficult time in My life…My world had turned upside down.
Her Mother and many of you might not know but I kept Her in my heart and My thoughts since.
Thoughts of Laura helped me.

I knew I needed to be ok alone because I had Friends and Family, I wasn’t lonely…I let them know when I was in need.
I realized that love sometimes has to come in different forms and not from a Man or a Woman…it had to come from Me Loving who I am and am to be.
I also came to the conclusion that although my talents were/are not as great as Hers I needed to learn to embrace them, not be afraid of them and share them.

Laura is a driving force in My life for Me to be more than am. To change peoples lives, perspectives and help them live happier is one of My many goals.

My dream last night…
Laura and I were working at some shop. A lady came in all distressed and out of sorts…I couldn’t figure out a solution to her problem and I told Laura. Laura helped my find the answer we needed…
In my dream I could see the sadness in Laura’s eyes, that desperate loneliness…I wanted to invite her for Christmas but in my dream I knew she wouldn’t be able to make it…because I knew she was just in my heart, helping me help someone else.

I woke up sad and I wanted to tell her how she had helped me when I needed it most.
I turned my computer on, and as the tears still stream down my face as I type, I think of her…she’s still here.

Her memory and story push me forward and when I stumble she’s there to pick me up.

I wish I had been there for Her, like she is for Me now.

1 comment:

  1. Laura touched many of our lives. I don't think anyone knew, but I looked up to her so much. She was beautiful and fun. I loved her voice. I lost touch with her in college. Never knew until she passed that she was living close by. I found out she had passed when someone emailed me to see if I had pictures of her for the memorial at our reunion. So many tears flowed sorting through pictures.

    ReplyDelete