Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Rose

When a man gives a rose to a woman it can signify a great deal, or it could be just another T.V. show.

The different colours of roses signify different meanings...

Red: Love, passion and beauty.
Pink: Grace, elegance and admiration.
Lavender: Enchantment at first site, wonder and impossibility.
Purple: Enchantment and magnetism.
Blue: Mystery, the unattainable.
Turquoise: Calm, abundance.
White: Purity, innocence and new beginnings.
Yellow: Friendship.
Peach: Modesty, sincerity and sympathy.
Orange: Fascination, passion and desire.
Black: Loss or new journey.


I watch the Bachelor whenever I remember it’s on. I haven’t seen every episode but I enjoy them as an escape. Watching desperate women fall over themselves for a man they hardly know is comical. Likewise, observing a man looking for true love with his choice of hand picked women by producers and casting directors…at least he has choices.
Some men I know probably fantasize of having women fawning over them with the thought of NO competition of other men around….Sans the boom and camera operators, producers…which we don’t see but know they exist, or we wouldn’t be watching said show.

Jake, was the first Bachelor I watched…I had never watched it before last year. I recall he was/is a pilot and singled out early on a woman who was a bit unbalanced. What woman isn’t unbalanced though? There was also a woman that had to leave the show because of a ‘friendship’ she had with one of the producers…Whoops, I guess there was competition!

Brad is this years Bachelor.
They keep saying in the promos…
…”The most controversial season yet.”

From what I have gathered he was a Bachelor once before. At the end of the season he was down to two women then quit.  He has a life coach now that he sees and talks to via the phone to help him overcome his commitment issues and emotional unavailability. I think he is trying.

He has a choice of a mix of blonds, brunettes, a nanny, an embalmer and more!

All but one of these women will be rejected publicly.

I would rather be humiliated privately.

At the end of every episode there is a Rose ceremony. All those that get a rose get to stay. Sometimes a rose is handed out to an individual on Brad’s whim. The Rose’s are always red.

The show consists of...
Brad going on one on one dates and group dates with these ladies. All the hoopla and drama the ladies impart to themselves and the fights that ensue.
Sometimes times when they need to weed a woman he goes on a date with two women together and they know only one woman will return with a rose, and the other is whisked away, and not to a tropical destination. Whenever there is a ‘mingling’ with Brad and his potentials, the ladies are allowed to take Brad away for a few minutes from the others just to chat so they can hopefully influence him and make him like her…? They steal him from one another and then get their feelings hurt when it happens to them.

There are two specific women this season that Brad, and I, seem to have our eyes on: Michelle and Ashley H. (There were two Ashley’s hence the ‘H’, they were friends and had to go on one of the dreaded two girls and one guy date where only one returns….Ashley H returned with a rose.)

Both Michelle and Ashley are certifiable head cases from my point of view.
They have both been on one on one dates with Brad and both feel  they have a special bond with him.

Ashley H, a blond dentist, which is irrelevant…I think Brad actually likes her. The other day Brad was taken aside by one of the women, who hadn’t had a one on one date, for a moment. They end up kissing and there, watching is Ashley…Her feelings hurt…Really?!

Michelle is a hair stylist who assumes she has it in the bag, is psycho and she really brings the drama. A few episodes ago she ‘woke up’ with a black eye. How the hell does that happen?! Way to bring attention to yourself!
I believe she is even more psychotic than Ashley.
She is stunned when he goes on a date with other women, kisses them…talks to them. I think she has forgotten she is on a dating reality show.
The last episode I saw she pulled Brad aside, sat on his lap, looked over him and in the most dominatirx way, grabbed his face told him not to say anything and to just listen to her.
…(Para-phrasing here)…”It’s time for us to go out there and send these women home now. You know that it’s just you and me.”…ok I REALLY para-phrased…but that was the gist, the heart, the ‘gesir’.
PSYCHO!!!
(I’m wondering how many of you think I am psycho?;)

I don’t get what he sees in them…

I have said before and I will say many more times that when a man meets a woman he almost immediately puts her in a place in his life. She has the power to walk away though if she doesn’t like where he places her.

….I often don’t understand what men find attractive in women and why they choose one over the other…
…as a single woman...
Here is a little story about a guy friend of mine, and our relationship.
I had a relationship with a guy awhile back. I’m not gonna go into details although if I did you might have a better understanding of why I continue with my guy tendencies, although, I am trying to overcome them.
We didn’t publicly date. I think he was ashamed to be seen with me. Our relationship was complicated though…no he wasn’t married…it was just complicated. We shared a great deal with each other and then, something happened. He stopped calling, texting and e-mailing…that’s guy speak for, ‘we aren’t seeing each other anymore.’ Then one day out of the blue, he text’s me and wants to see me. A hole is a hole even in the dark. I saw him, I know him and I consider him a friend…He never says what’s wrong but I know he is having ‘girl’ problems, obviously he is dating someone and is looking for comfort….or ya know…I answer his texts or his e-mails now but haven’t seen him in months. I don’t want to. But every time I DO hear from him I always wonder where I am deficient as a woman as far as HE is concerned. I know it’s his issue not mine.

What does make a man want to see a woman publicly? …instead of…
Is it the whole, “Why buy the cow if the milk is free?”

I’d like to go back to the colour’s of roses and their meanings…and The Bachelor…
If a man sends me roses I would hope he would pick the corresponding colours for what he feels for me. It doesn’t matter if they all don’t match.
As for the Bachelor I think the show would be SO much better if he got to pick what colour rose to give to each woman, to signify how he feels at that time…and if ya got a Black one…well, you need to start a new journey, with out him and the cameras.

Is a reality dating show that different than the real life dating scene?
…”Pick ME! Pick ME!"
In real life we go into each relationship thinking, ‘Maybe this is THE ONE.’ The problem is sometimes the other person is thinking, “This is THE ONE, right now…"

We don’t really have a choice though, it’s up to two people to agree on what chapter they are on, or even if they are reading the same book.

(If some of this doesn’t make sense I have an excuse…I’m all drugged up and will be for a few more days…kiddy UP!)

No comments:

Post a Comment