Monday, February 25, 2013

My Hair Adventure…Hummmmph!

It’s been a year and some months since I started growing out my hair…I’ve had some bad hair days and some horribly shity ones with maybe…MAYBE... 3 good ones?

I’m trying and it seems on a daily basis my hair tries my patience.

Note…To TRY is not to DO but to have the idea deep-seeded that it might not work…So DO, don’t TRY.

That note being said…I’m only ‘trying’ to grow out my hair. I think anyone that knows me knows it WILL ALL get cut off sooner or later…even my hairstylist.

It’s been so long since it wasn’t short I had forgotten what my hair was really like or my hair had changed since I was younger…I think it changed…
It’s curly in some areas, stupid straight and wavy in others.

I bought a diffuser (thank you F1 for the advise) with long prongs so I could ‘curl’ it. I also bought a straightener …I despise my hair straight…I have a tiny face and I look like an idiot. I don’t use the straightener anymore.

I have had it trimmed a few times with layers for body but alas it’s SOOoooooo much work and takes so much time I find it irritating.
My friend Wendy sent me a post about the ‘Curly girl method’…basically don’t wash it, condition the crap out of it and use tons of product. It works…but still takes foooooorreeeeeeever.
I used to be 20 minutes shower to door and looking ‘ok’…now I’m 11/2 hours shower to door with a lack of confidence and I feel like I’m not me.

Last night I was watching the Oscars (part of them anyway) and out walks Charlize Theron, beautiful beyond words with her short hair (I’m not comparing myself to her, I just love her hair). My Man looked at me and said…
…”You getting your hair cut off tomorrow?”
I miss my short hair so very much. I hate taking forever and being in my eyes, ‘high maintance’.
I don’t have thick luscious hair. I have a disaster on my head that looks like a rats nest on what I consider a good day.
Am I getting my hair cut…not yet. I think to myself...'give it more time, you will learn’. Will I get it cut off soon, fuck yes I will.
'Soon’ though could be a week, a month…but no longer than 3 months!

The links below are my last blogs on my hair...

http://behindthebookscover.blogspot.com/2012/01/im-going-on-hair-adventurei-think.html

http://behindthebookscover.blogspot.com/2010/12/adventures-of-my-hair.html


No comments:

Post a Comment