Thursday, February 14, 2013

I’m In A Relationship

It’s official…I’m in a relationship. (It’s weird to type out…not weird to experience.)

I waited to share this until the Children knew. They just thought he and I were best friends and did everything together.

I was friends with him for a couple years before but we have been ‘together’ for a bit over a year now.
It was a little complicated of a start as he was separated from his now Ex for years…before I knew him/them. Why they waited to divorce is none of my business. I know I wasn’t the problem in their marriage…before they separated.

When he and I became friends…(we met when he locked his keys in his car…and I got them out)…we discovered a great deal in common…like our very jacked up sense’s of humor and our shared love of all things jacked up.
Yada, yada, yada…

I love him very much. We have already created an enormous amount of memories together and with our Children.

We joked about coming out on FB…
…we did not joke about coming out to our Children...
Coming out to our Children was something we waited to do and discussed and read and discussed and read some more. Our Children are our priority. I love his, he love’s mine.
We sat them down on the same night in our respective homes (across the street from one another) and told them.
The reactions were mixed. I can only speak for what happened in my house…
My BrownNut was very upset. She told me she just wanted me to be single forever and I suppressed my laugh as I have already put their world on end and I respect her and her feelings. I reassured her nothing was different than before. A couple days later she was fine with it but I know issues will arise…I’m under no false beliefs.
My LittleGuy asked…
…”Are you guys having S.E.X?!”
My reply was…
…”I wouldn’t answer that question even if I was still married to your father.”
He was and is fine with it.
My LoveBug was hilarious much to the dismay of BrownNut…
…”This is how I feel…I feel like my best friend is dating my sister.”
…”I knew the moment I met him….(hand on chin, one eye squinting and head bobbing up and down)…This is a match!”
My Children have grown to love him.
We did things very slowly…meeting at a pizza place (them not knowing it was planned)…My three with me and he with his two. Having them over for a water balloon fight. Going to the pool.
Slowly and methodically we got the Children used to him being around my Children and me around his.
It was and is very important for us to keep the status quo and reassure them nothing has changed. Eventually we will hold hands in front of them and I imagine the boys response will be…
…”Gross!”
I have no idea what the girls will do.

I know and he knows that issues will come up but communication being key to a relationship is something we are well aware of and practice daily.

I love doing everything with him: grocery shopping, Costco trips, cooking dinner, chillin’ on the sofa, road trips, gaming, ect…
I also have reached a point where I don’t wanna go dancing with the girls unless he went with me. I would miss him and I know I just wouldn’t have as much fun…that’s a hard one to wrap a head around for those that know me.
So …there ya have it.
I love and I am loved by a wonderful, caring, handsome as fuck, generous, funny as shit and remarkable Man that I respect and he respects me back.
He knows how imperfect I am and I am not the easiest Woman to love but he does it everyday.
I love you Kevin.

Rainbows, hearts, unicorns and all that shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment