Monday, October 15, 2012

Kitchen Disaster?

My Children are on their fall break…for two weeks…
I like to cook when they are home.

I bought a huge bag of cranberries and majool dates at Costco yesterday…
…and thought how can I use them…?

So this morning I made a double batch of a quick bread muffin like thing…
Flour, butter….apples, dates and chopped cranberries…

To chop the cranberries I got out my food processor. As I did I dropped it and busted the lid. It still works for now. I am gonna have to invest in a new one I guess. It’s ok…it was probably to small for me and old as fuck.

I proceed to start my mixing and such..then the baking…
My shiz comes out of the oven looking so pretty…

I slice a little piece off to taste.

I forgot to put the sugar in.

I stood there distraught and bummed out and brain stormed.
I hate waste.

Thanksgiving is coming up…
This disaster in the kitchen is gonna make a fabulous dressing to go with the Turkey…I’ll just freeze it till then.
…or stuff a some pork…that would be yummy too.

The moral of this story is…
A failure is only a failure if you believe it.
also…
I rock.

Note…I also made some bacon this morning…I mixed brown sugar and cinnamon and coated each slice, twisted it and baked it in the oven…for to long.
I told the Children they were caramelized. It sounded better than burnt.
The ‘caramelized bacon’ is now in their bellies.

No comments:

Post a Comment