Thursday, June 14, 2012

Surgeon Is Retiring

OEF ‘06
My Ex Husband, "Surgeon", is retiring tomorrow from the Air Force after 25 years of service.

Yes, we have had our differences and are probably two of the most opposite people on the planet but to say I wasn’t proud of him and his accomplishments would be a lie.

Honor, dignity, integrity…

He is a 1987 graduate of the United States Air Force Academy.
He was a T-37 instructor and an HH-60 pilot, a Jolly Green Giant.
He was Commander of the largest Rescue Squadron in the Air Force.
He is retiring as the Chief Of Staff, Domestic Relation, NorthCOM (I think that’s his title) as an 06.

I don’t even think I can count the multitude of deployments to…
Kuwait
Turkey
Iraq
Afghanistan
Sri Lanka
…yada, yada, yada...
ALL the TDY’s, that number would be off the hook...

All the deployments, TDY’s and his dreaded Blackberry end tomorrow as he begins a new life…a less stressful one as a math teacher at one of the best high schools in Colorado.

I don’t believe he shared his retirement date via social media so this is me announcing it for him if you had not heard.

…”These things we do...that others may live”…was his motto for so many years and his green feet I believe he will always wear with pride.


No comments:

Post a Comment