Thursday, March 8, 2012

Type 2 Diabetes?

I don’t know if this life event is nature or nurture…

I’m the Mother of 3 amazing Children, all adopted. None of them had prenatal care but have been almost the epitome of good health since their birth.
…I’ve run into a problem, a health one.

Their Dad is in really good shape, as am I(ish).
My Daughter, BrownNut, is petite(ish), being most Peruvians are petite(ish).
My Son, LoveBug, is Korean and almost a dang ninja, all stealth like and fast.
LittleGuy, is half black a 1/4 Puerto Rican and 1/4 caucasian.

My youngest, LittleGuy, is not very little. He’s 71/2 and weighs the same amount as me, 120 lb. He is tall, but his weight is a problem.
At his check ups they would say…
…”He will grow into his weight as he gets taller."
I/we have been mindful of his weight for some time now but I had started to take notice to little changes in his food intake, water intake and energy level.

I told my Ex I was going to make a doctor appointment for LittleGuy and why. My Ex was in agreement and would meet us at the appointment.

We talked to the Doctor, the Doctor talked to us, the three of us.

We are going to do lab tests on Friday.
…no matter what we have to make some changes.

Tuesday night Kat and I took all 5 of the Children to Chili’s, we had a coupon, 2 kids eat free with each adult.
When it came to my LittleGuy to order his dinner in a soft voice (‘’cause in most public places he speaks softly) and full of good manners he says…
…”I’d like to have the pizza please and for my side I’d like the celery sticks.”
He looked at me, winked and said to me…
…”You know, ‘cause of what the doctor said.”

Food is a big part of my life, I like good food. LittleGuy is the same way.
I made pancakes for breakfast this morning and he knew right away I had used a different recipe, buttermilk instead of skim milk, and he said…
…”These taste different, they’re good, but different.”
The other two were clueless.

I often have to tell my Children…”God made each of us different.” LittleGuy is taller than his older siblings and once in awhile it bothers LoveBug. My three Children are very different from one another…

We won’t know anything till the tests come back.
I HAVE to make dietary changes in the mean time, and the pizza and pancakes probably weren’t a good choice.

I hesitate to post this without knowing anything but I do so for one reason…
...This is my life and I share it, because I know someone else might have the same problem and I want you to know you are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment